anybody else out there dieting?

I'm not dieting per se, but I'm always thinking about it and how to do what I can when I can and a little more.

I've recently discovered a great store brand yogurt at dillons/kroger. It's cheap and tasty. I currently eat 3 or 4 south beach protein bars over the course of the work day and have recently added a yogurt. They have like 3 net carbs and 80 calories...makes me want to switch out my bars for yogurts...but I'd be much more inclined to get sick of yogurt than bars...but maybe for a jump start on weight loss.

My son has swim practice at 5am starting in a week and a half...but only 3 days a week. The other 2 days he is in the audition choir and has to be at school at 7am. Audition choir started this week so I started getting up around 6:20 to walk before taking him to school. I also walk at lunch, got back up to 4 miles.

So depending on the morning and the motivation, I'm now walking 6-7 miles a day. I do jog about 1/3 to 1/2 but I'm no athlete so I just call it walking :) My original goal when I started getting into exercising about 6 or so years ago was to be able to run a marathon by the time I'm 40 :) I've ebbed and flowed when it comes to exercise...and despite all the effort I've gained probably close to 30 lbs since I met my husband 6 or 7 years ago...

So I guess I really have 2 goals: 1) to run a marathon in the next 4 years and 2) to lose enough weight that I can use the #5 guard on my hair trimmer :) (I think thinner women can pull off shorter hair and I'd like to go real short).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another installment of the TO-DO list-apalooza

to do list