february into march

happy st. patrick's day for all the irish and not :)

RIP: rachel chan

february is a month of history for me...
in chronological order...
my dad died
my grandma died
my great-grandma died
i terminated a pregnancy
i had a baby
i left my babydaddy
i think i'm forgetting something...but that's a lot for a single individual over the course of 15 years...
i haven't had anything MAJOR happen in february since 1999 though...whew...and *knock on wood*...
except of course the major event every year in february - my son's birthday :)

and i firmly believe in learning from the past and focusing on enjoying the present and looking toward the future...but i always remember...and then february goes by and it's the wearing of the green and the remembering of rachel, my high school best friend at the time...we were both artists, we both worked at chick-fil-a...she's the first person i told when i had sex for the first time :), ahh the memories...birkenstocks, sting in concert, concrete blond...

her parents still take out a memorial ad on st. patrick's day every year in the local paper i think...i need to find the portrait i did of her to post...will show my high school drawing skillZ as well as an amazing likeness to rachel :)

anyway, enjoy the green beer! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another installment of the TO-DO list-apalooza

to do list