portrait commission

A friend from church youth group (a million lifetimes ago) commissioned a portrait of her daughter for her mom...realism. I chose oil pastels because it still gives it a painterly quality, but can be done in the time-frame at hand. For my first portrait, since possibly high school, it's not that bad...but it has also made me realize I need to work on my drawing skills. My printmaking work tends to be more graphic and stylized in nature...which is cool, but I need to do both.

There is a Dr. Sketchy's show at least once a month in KC, but I haven't made it yet...though I feel like the tweener girl who's the first to get hips and boobs of her friends and suddenly thinks she can't possibly wear a swim suit in front of them!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another installment of the TO-DO list-apalooza

to do list