to do and busy and accomplishing some...

Jason helped me by adhering the 3.5x3.5 blocks together, 16 total, for my submission to the Art Guild show, Merging. It's being hung today at the 1109 Gallery. I need to make sure my volunteer time to staff the gallery will really work :) come by and see me 9/18 if you're around.

Also getting ready for the first friday art market at the Honeytree Gallery in the Crossroads district in KCMO. I think I have all the work to hang and I'm going to try hanging a string and clothes pinning the art to the line. Was thinking about new pieces for the show, but I'm running out of time and there's still work to do on the frames before I can lace the prints in...there's still the Holiday Art Fair December 4th though so that'll be the plan for that.

We got internet at home yesterday for the first time in 4 years :) We watched the Daily Show with Jon Stewart and Louie on hulu and it sort of made the whole thing worth while :) And even though I recognize all the real uses (job search, freelance, homework, etc.) I still feel a little bit defeated that we couldn't wait any longer. Though once the awesome Jason Novinger installed our DSL port, it was hard to wait the additional few weeks to decide which service we really wanted to pursue!

Still playing voice mail tag with the adjuster for the scooter...would really like to get that all taken care of, not sure if my medical bills are all set, but I f*cking hope so...it's a pain in the ass to carry insurance, it's a pain in the ass to pay insurance, it's a total, "what if..." situation and they gouge you every chance they get...and then when you have an accident it's even more painful to try to coordinate the claims, the adjusters, the medical, the auto or vehicle - it's like seriously, can't you all just talk, get YOUR shit together and then call me...instead of having to deal with as many as FOUR people who all have access to a file that I don't! They've all been mostly nice, but it's too much f*cking work...

Anyway...what else...
Trying to work my way through web site development with wordpress 3.0 - I can appreciate how awesome it is, I just have a hard time wrapping my brain around the development side of it...and the part I actually have to do is pretty close to plug and play :) oh well...maybe I'll get it soon...maybe if i get some images up I'll have a better understanding...

Oh and ultimately, we are going to sell our scooters and probably our volvo wagon and see if we can get a decently running small hatchback sort of car for the boy...more like a 2nd family car, back-up car, but one the boy can primarily drive. We'll continue to teach him to drive the manual, but don't want him to have to :)

So if you or someone you know is open to bartering all or part or has a decent car for cheap, I think we'll have $1000 to $1500 after selling stuff. But also hoping for some art to sell and some freelance work to come through...we might have more to spend...but even then not much.

Guess that's it for now...need to pay some bills and get organized for the rest of the week.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another installment of the TO-DO list-apalooza

to do list