haven't been here in a while...a lot going on...

So I'm trying to tie up loose ends on the insurance regarding my scooter accident. Apparently scooter accidents are up big time and the lonely dude servicing the "special vehicles" sector of Nationwide/Allied Insurance is in the weeds.

I also went to Dallas last week for an international security trade show & convention. It was the biggest I'd ever seen. I can totally see how people go to conventions to "hook-up"...what happens at the trade show stays at the trade show and all of that. Some people will do what ever it takes to "earn" business, others are just insincere in their choices/morals. Personally, I had a few cocktails and a few laughs at our customer event the first night after the show. The 2nd night after the show I had a good workout, a long shower and room service...alone...well my husband was on messenger :)

The Saturday before last I worked out with a fellow swim mom who does 1/2 marathons and such. After walking & running 6 miles around the track, she asked if I was ready to "do stairs" :) I was like, um...okay? But don't let me slow down your workout! :) She was great, motivational and we did the small side of the Freestate Football stadium bleachers...THREE times! First singles, then doubles, then Kathy did triples and I just did doubles again! :) Then we ran another mile :) Pretty awesome it was. I have now had the opportunity to add stairs to my workouts another few times and think it will be a 2 or 3 times a week thing...for now...until I build more strength. You can really feel the burn in your calves though for days after...I kinda like that :) And really, the more I workout, the more I like to workout. 5:15am swim practice and zero hour choir are both kicking my ass, but the exercise is so worth it! Plus I'm still walking/jogging about 5 days a week at lunch...maybe I'll even lose a few pounds one of these days :) Though maybe not till after candy corn season is over...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another installment of the TO-DO list-apalooza

to do list