feeling a bit of the crazy-making going on...

Art in the Park this weekend - Lawrence, KS at beautiful downtown South Park 10am to 5pm, Sunday, May 2nd. Over 130 vendors - great gifts for Mothers Day or anytime. If you're in the area, stop by and support local art!

Saturday, May 1st - 1st swim meet of the summer long course season. First swim meet with our new team. First time we will be in the same place as our former team - I hope everyone remains respectful and positive. I have enough drama in my life without the swim team getting deep in it. Though the reality is, to us it's a swim team, to the coaches it's their livelihood and we know what it's like to lose and we have pretty strong feelings about supporting people we believe in.

Just found out my sister in law has cancer - pretty crazy. It's hard for me to get too worried because I just can't believe an otherwise healthy 36 year old woman could actually die of cancer. It's not stage 1, but it's not stage 4 either - plus it's 2010, surely science is on her side. It's also nutty, I think my siblings and I all thought there was a chance that we could die young since our dad was only 40...I'm almost as old as my dad was when he died. But to think what would be worse would be to have your spouse die young. The dead person almost has it easy in comparison.

And in other news the boy got a graduation invitation from his half-sister...still weird to think he has a half-sister...on one hand it's too bad they couldn't have known each other growing up. I think they will or do harbor the same anger and sadness and it could have helped a great deal to know someone going through almost exactly what you are going through. On the other hand, you have to take life as it comes, you can't control it all for certain...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

another installment of the TO-DO list-apalooza

to do list